Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Myth Busting!

Conventional ”wisdom” tells us that people in Paris are rude. Especially waiters and shopkeepers. Well, whoever said that has obviously never spent any time in Paris.

I was ready for them, I do like a good confrontation but now I feel let down. We’ve met nothing but friendly, kind, helpful people in the 6 days we’ve been Paris and 10 days we‘ve been in France, so far.

We’re leaving Paris tomorrow so when we stopped in at the corner bar on our way back from the first “Event” of the day and told them that we were on our way, I thought that they were about to cry. They wanted to know where else we were off to in France and received their approval. I don’t speak French either, Sharon has a good grasp of high school stuff but we all seemed to know what the other was saying.

Anyhoo, the people here in France are not a lot different than the ones in England or the US of A .

Then we have New York City…!

Although Sharon tells me that if you’re on a street corner in NW looking a little lost, in two minutes you’ll have people all around you arguing about the best way for you to go……!

No comments: